Precommitment at a Glance:
For 2019, 10 precommitment positions were made available in each of the NTPA's 13 Grand National divisions. After the initial offering to 2018's top-10 GN point finishers, remaining 2018 GN point-earners were offered positions in descending order of finish.
Precommitted competitors who fulfill the program's terms receive free entry to their class(es) of precommitment at Super National and Grand National events and shares of the end-of-season Precommitment Fund. Any GN-licensed competitor can earn points at GN events, however, so precommitment is not a prerequisite to contend for a GN championship. So fans, remember just because your favorite driver is not on this list, they still may be at an event.
To see other divisions previously released check out the 2019 Precommitment section here.
2019 Grand National Modified
The schedule (10 hooks as of 4/1/2019): Tomah, WI x 2; Rockwell, IA x 2; Hagerstown, MD x 2; Bowling Green, OH x 2; Sandwich, IL x 2.
The competitors (7 vehicles as of 4/1/2019):
Doug Lively (State Center, IA)
- Bank Robber: 2018 GN champion (366 points)...2 GN wins (Norwalk S1, Bowling Green S4, won ring)...11 T5s, 12 T10s...average GN finish: 3.1 (12 appearances)...2014, 2013 GN champion...won Shell Rotella Cup.
Ricky Rose (Glencoe, MN)
- Giddy Up: Finished 3rd in 2018 GN points (-5)...3 GN wins (Ellsworth, Tomah S3, Sandwich S2)...10 T5s, 12 T10s...average GN finish: 3.5 (12 appearances)...2017 GN champion.
Bob and Terry Jostock (Lapeer, MI) and Bill Douglas Jr. (Alvinston, ON)
- Wild Child: Finished 5th in 2018 GN points (-27)...best GN finish: 3rd (Norwalk S1, Sandwich S2)...6 T5s, 12 T10s...average GN finish: 5.5 (12 appearances)...2007 GN champion.
- Spook Gone Wild: Finished 6th in 2018 GN points (-31)...best GN finish: 2nd (Monroe)...4 T5s, 12 T10s...average GN finish: 5.8 (12 appearances).
- Wild Won: New vehicle in 2019. [T.Jostock: 2009, 1996 GN champion.]
Dennis Christensen (Glencoe, MN)
- Pack Rat 4: Finished 7th in 2018 GN points (-39)...best GN finish: 2nd (Rockwell S1)...3 T5s, 11 T10s...average GN finish: 6.4 (12 appearances).
Scott Tedder (Marion, IN)
- Mr. Twister: Finished 9th in 2018 GN points (-266)...GN win at Sandwich S3...3 T5s, 3 T10s...average GN finish: 2.7 (3 appearances)...2015 GN champion.
About National Tractor Pullers Association
The NTPA is the sport’s oldest and most respected truck and tractor pulling sanctioning organization. Governed by a board of directors, the NTPA is managed by World Pulling International (WPI), an independently owned entity. Headquartered in Worthington, Ohio, the NTPA provides rules and regulations and the infrastructures required for organizations throughout the country to arrange truck and tractor pulls. The 2018 NTPA Championship Pulling Circuit was sponsored in part by Case IH, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Alliance Tire, Enderle Fuel Injection, MAC Trailer, Ag Protect 1, Shell Rotella, STOP-FYRE®, Cen-Pe-Co Lubricants, Columbus Diesel Supply, Heritage Iron, Stainless Diesel, Midwest Wheel Inc., the National Tractor Pulling Championships in Bowling Green, Ohio, PowerBore Cylinder Sleeves, Profab Machine Inc., the Budweiser Dairyland Super Nationals in Tomah, Wisconsin, and Riverside Engine Inc.
Watch the 14th season of "NTPA Championship Pulling" presented by Case IH: Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. Eastern/5:30 p.m. Central. Encore performances appear on Mondays at 12:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. Eastern. RFD-TV is available on satellite through DirecTV (345), Dish Network (231), and AT&T (568) along with Spectrum/Time Warner, Brighthouse, Comcast, Charter, Suddenlink, Cox, and other cable providers. Check your current provider for details or visit the channel finder at www.rfdtv.com. Stream RFD-TV on the Country Club service: www.rfdcc.com.
NTPA Live Streaming produced internet broadcasts of 13 national events in 2018. Visit WatchNTPA.com to purchase on-demand access to individual events or the $299 Season Pass---that's less than $10 per session! NTPA Live Streaming's new interface includes "Live DVR" controls and adaptive bitrate technology to promote an interruption-free broadcast. Check the site for lists of streamed events and compatible internet devices.
Subscribe to the Official Magazine of the NTPA! The Puller brings you the best in NTPA news, stories, and related pulling information. Tractor Supply Company (TSC) carries The Puller and the PULL! Official Program and Souvenir Yearbook.
Wear it loud! The NTPA's Webmall has pulling apparel in fresh, new designs for fans of all ages and sizes. Hats, event shirts, hoodies, pins, and patches all sport the iconic NTPA shield that represents excellence in premier-level pulling. Event, TV series, and special DVDs let you watch pulling action on your schedule. See it all at ShopNTPA.com.
For more information about the NTPA, visit our website, www.NTPAPULL.com, follow us on social media at our Facebook page (ntpapulling), Twitter (@NTPApull), YouTube (NTPApull), and Instagram (ntpa), or call the NTPA office at 614.436.1761.