Precommitment at a Glance:
For 2019, 10 precommitment positions were made available in each of the NTPA's 13 Grand National divisions. After the initial offering to 2018's top-10 GN point finishers, remaining 2018 GN point-earners were offered positions in descending order of finish.
Precommitted competitors who fulfill the program's terms receive free entry to their class(es) of precommitment at Super National and Grand National events and shares of the end-of-season Precommitment Fund. Any GN-licensed competitor can earn points at GN events, however, so precommitment is not a prerequisite to contend for a GN championship. So fans, remember just because your favorite driver is not on this list, they still may be at an event.
To see other divisions previously released check out the 2019 Precommitment section here.
2019 Grand National Super Stock Diesel 4x4
The schedule (13 hooks as of 4/1/2019): Tomah, WI x 2; Hutchinson, MN x 2; Rockwell, IA x 2; Fort Recovery, OH x 2; Mt. Sterling, IL; Salem, IL; Bowling Green, OH x 2; Sandwich, IL.
The competitors (9 vehicles as of 6/12/2019):
Carl Atley (Xenia, OH)
- Lethal Weapon: 2018 GN champion (401.5 points)...5 GN wins (Rockwell x 2, Fort Recovery S2, Salem, Sandwich)...12 T5s, 13 T10s...average GN finish: 2.5 (13 appearances)...won Shell Rotella Cup...won 2019 Cloverdale S1.
Shane Kellogg (Kenton, OH)
- Trump: Finished 2nd in 2018 GN points (-11.5)...2 GN wins (Mt. Sterling, Hudsonville S1)...9 T5s, 13 T10s...average GN finish: 3.7 (13 appearances).
Justin Gearhart (Kingston, OH)
- Cream of the Crop: Finished 3rd in 2018 GN points (-19.5)...3 GN wins (Benson x 2, Bowling Green S5, won ring)...10 T5s, 13 T10s...average GN finish: 4.4 (13 appearances)...won Enderle Pull-Off.
Don Bowling (Fostoria, OH)
- Pulling for the Cure: Finished 4th in 2018 GN points (-40.5)...best GN finish: 2nd (Benson x 2)...6 T5s, 11 T10s...average GN finish: 6.5 (13 appearances).
Brion Withrow (Waverly, OH)
- The Nut Job: Finished 5th in 2018 GN points (-65.5)...best GN finish: 3rd (Tomah S2)...3 T5s, 10 T10s...average GN finish: 8.8 (13 appearances).
Van (Fairmount, IN) and Curt (Swayzee, IN) Haisley
- Rock Hard Ram: Finished 6th in 2018 GN points (-91)...2 GN wins (Rockwell S1, Hudsonville S1)...6 T5s, 8 T10s...average GN finish: 6.3 (11 appearances).
- Off Constantly: Finished 11th in 2018 GN points (-296.5)...best GN finish: 5th (Hudsonville S2)...1 T5, 2 T10s...average GN finish: 10.0 (4 appearances).
Jeff Mifek (Princeton, MN)
- Triple Alpha Process: Finished 8th in 2018 GN points (-197.5)...best GN finish: 4th (Hudsonville S2)...1 T5, 5 T10s...average GN finish: 9.3 (8 appearances).
Shane Wurm (Annandale, MN)
- Boost: Finished 3rd, 4th at 2018 Fort Recovery.
About National Tractor Pullers Association
The NTPA is the sport’s oldest and most respected truck and tractor pulling sanctioning organization. Governed by a board of directors, the NTPA is managed by World Pulling International (WPI), an independently owned entity. Headquartered in Worthington, Ohio, the NTPA provides rules and regulations and the infrastructures required for organizations throughout the country to arrange truck and tractor pulls. The 2018 NTPA Championship Pulling Circuit was sponsored in part by Case IH, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Alliance Tire, Enderle Fuel Injection, MAC Trailer, Ag Protect 1, Shell Rotella, STOP-FYRE®, Cen-Pe-Co Lubricants, Columbus Diesel Supply, Heritage Iron, Stainless Diesel, Midwest Wheel Inc., the National Tractor Pulling Championships in Bowling Green, Ohio, PowerBore Cylinder Sleeves, Profab Machine Inc., the Budweiser Dairyland Super Nationals in Tomah, Wisconsin, and Riverside Engine Inc.
Watch the 14th season of "NTPA Championship Pulling" presented by Case IH: Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. Eastern/5:30 p.m. Central. Encore performances appear on Mondays at 12:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. Eastern. RFD-TV is available on satellite through DirecTV (345), Dish Network (231), and AT&T (568) along with Spectrum/Time Warner, Brighthouse, Comcast, Charter, Suddenlink, Cox, and other cable providers. Check your current provider for details or visit the channel finder at www.rfdtv.com. Stream RFD-TV on the Country Club service: www.rfdcc.com.
NTPA Live Streaming produced internet broadcasts of 13 national events in 2018. Visit WatchNTPA.com to purchase on-demand access to individual events or the $299 Season Pass---that's less than $10 per session! NTPA Live Streaming's new interface includes "Live DVR" controls and adaptive bitrate technology to promote an interruption-free broadcast. Check the site for lists of streamed events and compatible internet devices.
Subscribe to the Official Magazine of the NTPA! The Puller brings you the best in NTPA news, stories, and related pulling information. Tractor Supply Company (TSC) carries The Puller and the PULL! Official Program and Souvenir Yearbook.
Wear it loud! The NTPA's Webmall has pulling apparel in fresh, new designs for fans of all ages and sizes. Hats, event shirts, hoodies, pins, and patches all sport the iconic NTPA shield that represents excellence in premier-level pulling. Event, TV series, and special DVDs let you watch pulling action on your schedule. See it all at ShopNTPA.com.
For more information about the NTPA, visit our website, www.NTPAPULL.com, follow us on social media at our Facebook page (ntpapulling), Twitter (@NTPApull), YouTube (NTPApull), and Instagram (ntpa), or call the NTPA office at 614.436.1761.