Worthington, Ohio---The 47th annual National Tractor Pullers Association Awards Banquet honored its 2017 National Champions and winners of several special awards on Saturday, December 2 at the Columbus Marriott Northwest in Dublin, Ohio. The Association congratulates the winners and thanks those individuals, organizations, and corporations who generously sponsor the awards and the convention and banquet's workshops and social gatherings throughout the weekend.
Member State of the Year
Mid-South Pullers Association: Award sponsored by Dick Dakin & Associates (presented at the NTPA Board Meeting on Friday, December 1)
Education Awards and Scholarships
- Aly McDonald: WPI Higher Education Award, sponsored by K&K Insurance Group
- Braydon Ertel: Pullers Against Drugs Scholarship, sponsored by World Pulling International
- Taylor Wiederhold: Pullers Against Drugs Scholarship, sponsored by the National Tractor Pullers Association
Regional National Awards
Regional National Champions: Jackets sponsored by Enderle Fuel Injection
- Region II Champions and Runners-Up: Awards sponsored by Singer Sled Rental
- Region III Champions and Runners-Up: Awards sponsored by Minnesota Soybean Research and Promotion Council and B100
- Region IV Champions and Runners-Up: Awards sponsored by AKE Stop-Fyre®
- Region V Champions and Runners-Up: Awards sponsored by Joe Busch Ag Repair
Grand National Awards
Grand National Pulling Circuit Top-Five Finishers: Points fund exceeding $50,000 sponsored by Case IH
Grand National Champions: Awards sponsored by Budweiser Dairyland Super Nationals of Tomah, Wisconsin; jackets sponsored by Enderle Fuel Injection
Grand National Pullers of the Year
- Ken Veney: Modified Mini Puller of the Year Award, sponsored by TRB Machine
- Dean Holicky: Super Semi Puller of the Year Award, sponsored by Cen-Pe-Co Lubricants
- Carl Atley: Super Stock Diesel 4x4 Puller of the Year Award, sponsored by Pit Bull Tires
- Peyton Davis: Four Wheel Drive Puller of the Year Award, sponsored by Profab
- Craig Corzine: Two Wheel Drive Puller of the Year Award, sponsored by Fowler Engines
- Rod Deck: Super Farm Puller of the Year Award, sponsored by Alliance Tire Group
- Charles Pelletier: Pro Stock Puller of the Year Award, sponsored by Columbus Diesel Supply
- Jason Hootman: Light Super Stock Puller of the Year Award, sponsored by Full Pull Motorsports
- Stan and Steve Blagrave: Super Stock Diesel Puller of the Year Award, sponsored by Bauer Built/Ironman Sleds
- John Strickland: Super Stock Open Puller of the Year Award, sponsored by Cen-Pe-Co Lubricants
- Brandon Simon: Light Unlimited Puller of the Year Award, sponsored by SCS Gearbox
- Ricky Rose: Modified Puller of the Year Award, sponsored by Sassy Racing Engines
- Chuck Knapp: Unlimited Puller of the Year Award, sponsored by Enderle Fuel Injection
- Brent Payne: Crew Chief of the Year Award, sponsored by Midwest Wheel
- Kyloe Knapp: Mechanic of the Year Award, sponsored by the Christian Pullers Association
- SCS Gearbox: Manufacturer of the Year Award, sponsored by the SFI Foundation
- Vaughn Bauer: Sled of the Year Award, sponsored by Spec Cast
- Bryce Andersen: Official of the Year Award, sponsored by Artina Promotional Products
- GALOT Motorsports Park Mule City 300 and Mr. Earl Wells: NTPA National Fan Cheer of the Year Award, sponsored by Cen-Pe-Co Lubricants
- Randy Petro: Hooker of the Year Award, sponsored by The Pickle Road Gang and Arfons Family
- Clinton County Fair Nationals (Wilmington, Ohio): Regional National Pull of the Year Award, sponsored by Racepak
- Fort Recovery NTPA Grand Nationals (Fort Recovery, Ohio): Grand National Pull of the Year Award, sponsored by Simpson Performance
- National Tractor Pulling Championships (Bowling Green, Ohio): Super National Pull of the Year Award, sponsored by Simpson Performance
- Ben Ellis: Grand National Rookie of the Year Award, sponsored by Ambassador Club (Fort Recovery, Ohio)
- The Terry Blackbourn Family: Pulling Family of the Year Award, sponsored by the National Tractor Pulling Championships (Bowling Green, Ohio)
- Stan and Steve Blagrave: Kent Enderle NTPA Hard Charger Award
Pulling Hall of Fame, 2017 Class
- Larry Shope: Pulling Hall of Fame Inductee, sponsored by Firestone Tires
- Dave and Marcia Lamar: Pulling Hall of Fame Inductees, sponsored by American Awards
The NTPA is the sport’s oldest and most respected truck and tractor pulling sanctioning organization. Governed by a board of directors, the NTPA is managed by World Pulling International (WPI), an independently owned entity. Headquartered in Worthington, Ohio, the NTPA provides rules and regulations and the infrastructures required for organizations throughout the country to arrange truck and tractor pulls. The 2017 NTPA Championship Pulling Circuit was sponsored in part by Case IH, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Alliance Tire, Enderle Fuel Injection, MAC Trailer, Cow Tales, Ag Protect 1, Shell Rotella, STOP-FYRE®, Cen-Pe-Co Lubricants, Columbus Diesel Supply, Heritage Iron, Stainless Diesel, Midwest Wheel Inc., the National Tractor Pulling Championships in Bowling Green, Ohio, PowerBore Cylinder Sleeves, Profab Machine Inc., the Budweiser Dairyland Super Nationals in Tomah, Wisconsin, and Riverside Engine Inc.
Watch the 13th season of "NTPA Championship Pulling" presented by Case IH: Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. Eastern/5:30 p.m. Central. Encore performances appear on Mondays at 12:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. Eastern. RFD-TV is available on satellite through DirecTV (345), Dish Network (231), and AT&T (568) along with Spectrum/Time Warner, Brighthouse, Comcast, Charter, Suddenlink, Cox, and other cable providers. Check your current provider for details or visit the channel finder at www.rfdtv.com.
NTPA Live Streaming produced internet broadcasts of 13 national events in 2017. Visit WatchNTPA.com to purchase on-demand access to individual events or the $299 Season Pass---that's less than $10 per session! Special offer: Enjoy the 2017 Replay Special at the special rate of $99 through December 31! NTPA Live Streaming's interface includes "Live DVR" controls and adaptive bitrate technology to promote an interruption-free broadcast. Check the site for lists of streamed events and compatible internet devices.
Subscribe to the Official Magazine of the NTPA! The Puller brings you the best in NTPA news, stories, and related pulling information. Tractor Supply Company (TSC) carries The Puller and the annual PULL! Official Program and Souvenir Yearbook.
Wear it loud! The NTPA's Webmall has pulling apparel in fresh, new designs for fans of all ages and sizes. Hats, event shirts, hoodies, pins, and patches all sport the iconic NTPA shield that represents excellence in premier-level pulling. Event, TV series, and special DVDs let you watch pulling action on your schedule. See it all at ShopNTPA.com.
For more information about the NTPA, visit our website, www.NTPAPULL.com, follow us on social media at our Facebook page (ntpapulling), Twitter (@NTPApull), YouTube (NTPApull), and Instagram (ntpa), or call the NTPA office at 614.436.1761.